Aqueon® T8 Full Spectrum Daylight Fluorescent Aquarium Lamp.

Square pin and straight pin fluorescent bulbs are available with most brands of freshwater bulbs, saltwater aquarium bulbs and plant aquarium bulbs at Pet Mountain. Daylight and dual daylight fluorescent bulbs can be found with most of our brands. Some of the most popular size bulbs you'll find at Pet Mountain include T8, T5HO, 5,500K, 6,500K and 10,000K Fluorescent Bulbs.

Can anyone recommend a good source for T8 48 inch Philips Aquarelle, Wide Spectrum Gro-Lux type bulbs or similar high photosynthetic efficient bulbs?

Thanks for the good suggestions. I'm not at all hung up on brands, but on the quality and light qualities of the bulbs. I listed those bulbs because I found lots of posts and research on them. The Aquarelle is a 10000K bulb that emits a visibly bluish light and has great photosynthetic light qualities, though it isn't likely as bright as the 10000K day bulb you are using. Drs F&S have the Aquarelle, but they don't have a 48" T8, only a 36". I'm having a very hard time finding the Phillips Aquarelle, which is 10,000K, in a 48 in. T8 bulb in the U.S..

T8 32-Watt Plant and Aquarium Linear ..

I noticed too that some bulbs are hard to find as a 4ft T8, the famed GE Aquarays 9325K amongst them. 3ft T8, but 4ft T12. Wonder why? I'm interested in adding a bright noon-day sun 10000K bulb as well, I think it will do the trick. I try to buy my bulbs directly from bulb wholesalers, it's much cheaper. I typically get my 94 CRI 6280 verilux T8 full spectrums for about $6-7 each. For this tank ideally I'd like to combine 2 verilux full spectrums, an Aquarelle or other bulb with strong plant growth qualities and a bright 10000 noon day bulb.

t8 lighting - The Planted Tank Forum

Generally around 13 mm in diameter. This is a mini pin bulb which generally uses even less watts per lumen than many than T-8 bulbs. T-5 lamps range from 65 to 105 lumens per watt.
The T5 became very popular in the early 2000s among both plant keeping freshwater aquarists and reef keepers for good reasons; they are compact, come in MANY varieties and high lumen per watt outputs (as a broad generalization only requiring 2 to 4 watts per gallon for more shallow planted/reef applications depending upon tank depth and other factors).
While the T2 was the latest in straight tube fluorescent lights, the T5 still is better suited for aquariums over 20 inches in depth. The T-5 also comes in many more different varieties, sizes, and even "qualities" (such as the premium Giesemann), and thus is the preferred option for most

Aquarium Lighting: Fish Tank Lights & Aquarium Hoods | Petco

T8 fluorescent light bulbs have a smaller diameter than the T12 lighting system. Despite the sizing difference of the two bulbs they still put out roughly the same amount of lumens. Because of the smaller diameter of the T8 bulbs, more of them can be packed into the same canopy than the T12 bulbs. This is a preferable solution for larger, deeper aquariums because it results in an overall brighter illumination making it perfect for plant life, corals and invertebrates.However, the visible light the Verilux full spectrum bulbs emit definitely emphasizes the greens in the aquarium. I introduced 1 Coralife Actinic bulb months ago to improve the color of my 75 gallon planted aquarium, which had 4 Verilux full spectrum T8 (I replaced one of the Verilux bulbs with the actinic) – indeed the blue of the actinic introduced a “whiter” balance and clarity to the tank. Soon after I began contending with the first algae outbreak I had with this tank. The actinic light was not the only cause (it was also a nutrient imbalance I caused by uprooting and moving a lot of plants from this tank all at once) but I suspect it added to my green hair algae (derbesia) problems as actinic bulbs are used to help grow marine algae. I reduced my lighting schedule, got rid of the actinic and have been improving the nutrient balance, which are all working in getting rid of the algae.