Made in Orijen’s Kentucky kitchens from six types of fish caught fresh in New England waters, Orijen Six Fish dog food doesn’t cut corners. Offering one of the highest percentages of fish ingredients available among premium dog foods, the top six ingredients are whole wild mackerel, herring, Atlantic flounder, redfish, monkfish and silver hake, making up a massive 85% of Orijen Six Fish. Additionally, this protein-packed dog food is guaranteed to be absolutely free of grains, potato, tapioca or plant protein concentrates, which don’t provide any nutritional value to your dog. The remaining 15% of Orijen Six Fish is supplemented by vegetables, fruits and botanicals – a nod to the dog’s natural instinct to forage for grasses that benefit digestion and help eliminate toxins.
Compare Dry Dog Food: Orijen 6 Fish For Dog vs Senior Dog
I have had just a continual problems with both Acanna and Orijen line dog foods. About 4 months ago we took our 6 month old Mastiff/Boxer off Diamond large breed puppy (which he ate with zero side effects) and switched him to the Acanna Burbank Potato chicken flavor food. We did a slow 5 day transition and it seemed to get ok, until about 2 weeks later. He started throwing it up like every other meal, and acted like his tummy was in trouble..eating grass during outside times etc. Since the kibbles appeared mostly undigested when he puked them up, we thought maybe he was eating too fast so we got him a maze bowl, and elevated his bowl as well. This slowed him down a lot, but had zero effect on his ability to stomach the food. After reading online, and talking to vet etc, we thought he may have a potato allergy so we switched him to Acanna Wild prairie. He perked up, and we thought we got it under control, then 2 weeks later, same deal. Thought perhaps it might be the protein source so we switched him to the Acanna Fish flavor (blue bag) Same deal. 2 weeks of joy, then puking. We are so discouraged at this point. About 6 weeks ago we thought ok, theres still 5% potato in all Acanna kibbles, we will switch to Orijen, so we switched to the Adult Chicken since he was eating Diamond dog food chicken flavor we thought was a safe protein. This time he made it nearly a month, but has since started puking up every other day, so not as often but still eats grass…acts upset. We recently got a SECOND puppy from the same breeder using the same 2 parent dogs, Mastiff/Boxer, and we have a little 2 month old puppy at home with us now in addition to our now 9 month old thats been puking since we took him off cheap food, and the 2 month old is now eating grass and puking every other meal! We have changed from 2 larger portions during the day, to 3 smaller portions throughout the day and never exceed the bag recommended total amount of cups per day based on his weight. Bowls elevated, with maze bowls AND Trippet pro-biotics with each meal. Nothing matters! Whats so very frustrating, is we have done lots of research to find a safe healthy kibble and all of our findings on the Orijen company suggest its a great kibble, so why are our dogs throwing it up? So disheartening… We just feel so overwhelmed at this point.. thinking about switching to either blue buffalo for a more bland oat/rice diet, or Nature’s Logic. Anyone know anything about this anomaly? Any help is very appreciated as we are at our wits end. BOTH our little guys just need a healthy dog food that they can stomach 🙁
Orijen Six Fish Dry Dog Food | PetFlow
Jess I can only tell you what works for my dogs. Orijen did not – I tried the red meat and Six fish for 6 months. Brothers really agrees with them and after 2 months (only feed kibble for first meal per day) Brothers has proven to be one of the best foods I have tried. Plus I prefer food made in the US.
Orijen Six Fish Dog Food (12 oz) - EntirelyPets